Name Mamoun Mohamed Ali Homeida
Marital Status Married with six children
1970 MBBS (Khartoum)
1974 Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) Eire
1975 Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) England
1975 Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians (LRCP) England
1978 Educational Council for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) USA
1979 Doctor of Medicine (MD) Bristol, England
1986 Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) London
1972 – present Full Registration with Sudan Medical Council and the British Medical Council.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEES
Member, Community Directed Intervention (TDR, WHO BLII) 2006 – present.
Member of the Filariasis Task Force (TDR WHO) 1996 – 2004
Member, Chairman Technical Consultative Committee (TCC) African Programme of Onchocerciasis Programme (1996 -1999) Chairman 1999-2002 Chairman 2010 – present.
President of the Sudanese Association of Physicians 2008 - 2010.
Secretary (1984 - 1990) and a member (1980 - present) of the Sudanese Association of Gastroentology.
President of ABRAR (NGO) for War Victims 1999 - present.
Honorary member, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1997-present.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING
March 70 – March71 House Officer, Khartoum Teaching Hospital, Sudan
April 71- December 72 Senior House Officer and Registrar in Medicine Professional Unit: Department of Medicine, University of Khartoum
June 73 – December 75 Medical Registrar Bristol Royal Infirmary (England).
Jan 76 - Jan 79 Honorary Senior Registrar, Department of Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary
1979 - 1983 Lecturer in Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Khartoum.
July 83 – July 87 Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Khartoum.
July 87 – 1996 Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Khartoum
June 90 – Nov. 91 Director, Soba University Hospital, University of Khartoum
Dec. 91- Jan. 94 Vice Chancellor, University of Khartoum, Sudan
Jan. 96 – present Chairman, The University of Medical Sciences and Technology
TEACHING AND EXAMINATION EXPERIENCE
• Involved in teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical students in Bristol University (UK).
• Khartoum University (Sudan) 1978 – present.
• University of Medical Sciences and Technology 1996 – present
• Examiner in MBBS, Khartoum, Gezira (universities in Sudan) Sultan Gabous University (Oman)
• Examiner in Postgraduate MD and PhD by research (University of Khartoum, University of Gezira).
COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH PROGRAMMES AND GRANTS AWARDED
1. Michigan State University – Sudan Parasitology Project. A-15 Years collaborative research programme funded by the National Institute of Health, Washington D.C., through Michigan State University to study Malaria Schistosomiasis, Leishmaniasis, and Onchocerciasis. The project established and advanced research laboratory in Khartoum under the adminsitration of Medical Research Council, Sudan. Total Publications from the Project to date.: 80 Original papers. Position: Senior Scientist and Senior Collaborator in the Project. Head of Schsitosomiasis and Onchocerciasis group.
Total budget 5,000,000 US Dollars
2. A study in ethnic and racial factors in drug metabolism in Sudan: A study with antipyrine. Author and Principal investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida Medical Research Council Sudan (1979-1980).
Total Award 7,600 Sudanese Pounds.
3. A study on portal vein measurements using ultrasound techniques as a determinant of bilharzial portal hypertension. Author and Principal Investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida. Co-investigators: Abdel Rahman El Tayeb. Faculty of Medical Research Board (1980-1981).
Total Award 6,800 Sudanese Pounds.
4. The evaluation of ultrasound as a tool for assessing morbidity in patients with schistosomiasis. Author and Principal Investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida. Co-investigators: Bashir Arbab, Shakir Zein Ibrahim, Isam M. A. A/Salam, J. L. Bennett. Edna McConnell Clark Foundation Grant No. 2850090 (1984-1986).
Total Award 76,000 US Dollars
5. Impact of Chemotherapy on the development of Symmers’fibrosis within the Gezira region of Sudan. Principal Investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida. Co-investigators: J. L. Bennett, T. Nash, Asim Dafalla, Suad Suliman, Isam El Toum. Edna McConnell Clark Foundation Grant No. 01686.
Total Award 17,000 US Dollars
6. Immunological characterization of host response to schistosoma mansoni in occupationally exposed labourers in Sudan and the influence of therapy on immune parameters. Principal Investigator and Author: Hashim Warsama Ghalib. Co-investigators: Mamoun M. A. Homeida, Suad M. Suliman. The programme is Science and Technology Cooperation (PSTC), Agency.
Total Award 118,750 US Dollars
7. An open study of the safety and tolerance of Ivermectin in Sudanese males infected with Onchocerciasis volvulus. Author and Principal Investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida. Co-investigators: Hadi El Sheikh, Hashim W. Ghalib, Suad Suliman, James L. Bennett. Supported by WHO Onchocerciasis Chemotherapy Project) Grant No. 87004 and National Institute of Health USA (1987-1988).
Total Award 30,000 US Dollars
8. A double blind study on the value of long acting proranolol (Inderal L. A.) in reducing episodes of bilharzial variceal bleeding. Author and Principal Investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida. Co-Investigators: Beshir Arbab, Samia Awooda, Mahasen Shaheen. Supported by Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) (1984-1988).
Total Award 10,000 Sterling Pounds
9. The Health problems particularly sexually transited diseases in vagrant children of the streets of Khartoum. Principal Investigator: Mamoun M. A. Homeida. Co-Investigators: Hashim W. Galib, Suad Suliman, Hamad El Tourabi, Omer Zayed. Supported by UNICEF (1985-1988).
Total Award 25,000 US Dollars
10. Morbidity of Schistosomiasis mansoni infection. Effect of treatment annully vs. biennially in Gezira, Sudan.
TDR (WHO) Grant (1988 – 1994) 90,000 US Dollars.
11. Multidisease Chemotherapy PAQ and Albendazole in the treatment of S. mansoni infection, Geohelminth infection in Sudan.
TDR (WHO) Grant 73,000 US Dollars
12. Long-term effect of PZQ therapy on morbidity due to schistosoma mansoni infection.
TDR (WHO) Grant (1994-1995) 23,000 US Dollars
13. School- based health delivery: the missing children: A preliminary Study.
WHO grant 37,000 US Dollars
14. The Economic Impact of Onchocercal skin disease in Eastern Sudan: ID No. 950849 TDR/UNDP/World Bank/WHO- TDR Special Programme for Research and Training in Topical Diseases.
TDR (WHO) Grant (1995) 49,700 US Dollars
15. Safety, Tolerability and Pharmacokinetic studies on the combination therapy: ID No. A30281 UNICEF/UNDP/World Bank/WHO- TDR Special Programme for Research and Training in Topical Diseases.
TDR (WHO) Grant (2006) 74,475 US Dollars
1. “Delayed response to oral bumetanide given after a meal”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1976; 2: 969; Homeida MMA. Hunder K., Roberts.
2. “Diuretics and Potassium”; Lancet 1976; ii: 1413; Homeida MMA, Staddon G., walters G, Read A.E.
3. “Glutethimide and enzyme induction”: British Medical Journal 1976; 2: 1256; Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC.
4. “Ultrasonic measurement of liver size”; British Medical Journal 1976; 2: 1561; Homeida MMA, Haliwell M, Read AE, Jackson L, Roberts CJC.
5. “The value of liver volume measurement in the study of anpyrine kinetics in liver disease”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1977; 4: 393; Halliwell M. Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC.
6. “The influence of probenecid and spironolactone on fursemide Kinetics and dynamics in man”; Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1977; 22 (4): 420; Homeida MMA, Roberts and Branch RA.
7. “Determinants of response to fursemide in normal subjet”; British Journal of Clincal Pharmacol 1977; 4: 12; Branch RA, Roberts CJC, Homeida MMA, Levine D.
8. “Relationship between urate retention and electroyle excretion during treatment with loop diuretics”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1977; 4: 392; Bogie W, Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC.
9. “Salivery carbamazepine concentrations”; Lancet 1977; 1: 656; Chambers R, Homeida MMA, Hunder KR, Teague RH.
10. “Potassium therapy”; British Journal of Hospital Medicine 1977; 17: 90; Homeida MMA, Staddon G, Walters G, read AE.
11. “Effects of peretanide bumetanide and fursemide on electrolyte urate excretion in normal subjects”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2978; 6: 129; Roberts CJC, Homeida MMA, Roberts F, Bogie W.
12. “Drug metabolism in hepatosplenic schistosomiasis in the Sudan: A Study with antipyrine”; Gut 1978; 9:808; Homeida MMA, Salih SY, Branch RA.
13. “Racial differences in drug metabolizing ability: A study with antipyrine in the Sudan”; Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1978; 24(3): 283; Branch RA, Salih SY, Homeida MMA.
14. “Decreased first-pass metabolism of labetalol in patients with liver disease”; British Medical Journal 1978; 2: 1048; Homieda MMA, Jackson L, and Roberts CJC.
15. “Effect of an oral contraceptive on hepatic size and antipyrine disposition in premenopausal women”; Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics 1978; 24: 232; Homeida MMA, Halliwell M, Roberts CJC, Branch RA.
16. “Hepatic enzyme induction with glutethimide”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1978; 6: 523; Jackson L, Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC.
17. “Antipyrine disposition and liver size in the elderly”; European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1978; 14: 149; Swift CG, Homeida MMA, Halliwell M, Roberts CJC.
18. “Determinants of hepatic drug metabolism”; The East African Journal of Medicine 1979; 56:80; Homeida MMA.
19. “A single dose comparison of piretanide and bumetanide in congestive cardiac failure”: British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1979: 8: 173; Homeida MMA, Dombey SI, Roberts CJC.
20. “Drug metabolism in malnourished children: A study with antipyrine”; Archives in Disease of Childhood 1979; 54: 295; Homeida MMA, Karrar Z, Roberts CJC.
21. “Antipyrine clearance per unit volume liver: An assessment of hepatic function in chronic liver disease”; Gut 1979; 20: 596; Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC, Halliwell M, Read AE, Branch RA.
22. “Depsone-induced optic atrophy and motor neuropathy”; British Medical Journal 1980; 281: 118; Homeida MMA, Babiker A, Daneshmend TK.
23. “Clinical trial value of trimipramine versus placebo in duodenal ulcer healing”; Gut 1981; 22: 1045; Daneshmend TK, Homeida MMA, Mountford RA, Brown P, Neumann CS.
24. “Enzyme indication”; Sudan Medical Journal 1981; 17:7; Homeida MMA.
25. “The Effects of a combination of piretanide and triameterene in healthy subjects”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1981; 11: 106; Daneshmend TK, Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC.
26. “Disposition of oral metronidazole in hepatic cirrhosis and in hepatic schistosomiasis”; Gut 1982; 23: 807; Daneshmend TK, Homeida MMA, Kaye CM, El Amin AA, Roberts CJC.
27. “The effect of hepatonsplenic schistosomiasis on pharmacokinetics of metronidazole and labetalol”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1982; 14: 152; Daneshmend TK, Homeida MMA, Roberts CJC.
28. “Upper gastrointestinal fibreoptic endoscopy experience in the Sudan. Analysis of 2500 endoscopies”; Lancet 1983; 11: 897; Fedail SS, Arbab B, Homeida MMA, Ghandour ZM.
29. “”Paraphenylenediamine induced acute tubular necrosis following hair dye ingestion”; Human toxicology 1983; 2:633; Suliman SM, Homeida MMA, Aboud OI.
30. “A case of tuberous sclerosis in a Sudanese patient”; Sudan Medical Journal 1983; 19:17; Homeida MMA, Kordofani N, Mukhtar ED.
31. “Albendazole in the Sudan Royal Society of Medicine”; Int. Congress Symposium Series 1983; 57: 39; Musa ARM, Homeida MMA, Ahmed MEK.
32. “Increased hepatitis B infection in Hepatosplenic Schistosomiasis in the Sudan”; East African Medical Journal 1984; 61: 133; Daneshmend TK, Homeida MMA, Satir AA, Vandervelde EM.
33. “Diet-controlled blood levels of oltipraz in healthy male subjects”; Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 1984; 13: 465; Ali HM, Homeida MMA, Sulaiman S, Bennett J.L.
34. “Effect of cysteine on oltipraz blood levels in green monkeys (Cercopithecus aethiops)”; Chemotherapy 1984; 30: 255; Ali HM, Suliman SM, Bennett JL, Homeida MMA.
35. “Treatment and management of onchocerciasis in Sudan”; Sudan Medical Journal 1985; 21 (suppl): 73; El Khalifa MY, Homeida MMA, Ali HM.
36. “Detection and characterization of onchocerca volvulus in Sudan”; Sudan Medical Journal 1985; 21 (suppl): 49; Williams JF, Mackenzie CD, Homeida MMA.
37. “Clindamycin for the treatment of falciparum malaria in Sudan”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1985; 34 (6): 1065; El Wakeel ELS, Homeida MMA, Ali HM, Geary TG, Jensen JB.
38. “Cerebrovascular accidents in Sudan. The Role of hypertension as a precipitating factor,”; Arab Journal of Medicine 1985; 4 (7): 12; Ahmed MEK, Homeida MMA, Hassan T, Yassin F.
39. “Investigations on the influence of liver disease on ampicillin body levels in man”; Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 1985; 15: 737; Ali HM, Homeida MMA, Hassan IEZ.
40. “Comparison of real-time cholecystosonography and oral cholecystography”; East African Medical Journal 1985; 62 (6) 403; El Kadaru AC, Arbab BMO, Ellidr AR, El Fadil SM, Homeida MMA.
41. “Efficacy and tolerance of two brands of paraziquantel: Biltricide and Distocide”; Sudan Medical Journal 1985; 23: 3; Khalil ELT, Homeida MMA, Ali HM, Sulimans.
42. “Assessment of oxidative metabolism in adults with hepatocellular carcinoma in the Sudan”; Gut 1986; 27 (4): 382; Homeida MMA, Daneshmend TK, Ali ELM, Yousif El Kadaru AGM, Arbab BMO.
43. “Sudan’s new drug policy proves its worth”; World Health Forum 1986; 7: 256: Ali HM, Homeida MMA, Rasheed ARE, Bekele A.
44. “The acetylator phenotype of Sudanese subjets”; Arab Journal of Medicine 1986; 5: 30; Homeida MMA, Abboud OI, El Sawi O, Rahman AM, EL Awad EH, Ahmed OM.
45. “The detection of onchocercal nodules by ultrasound technique”; Transactional of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1986; 80:570; Homeida MMA, Mackenzie CD, Williams JF, Ghalib HW.
46. “Metronidazole metabolism following oral benzoylmetronidazole suspension in children with giardiasis “; Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 1986; 18: 213; Homeida MMA, Daneshmend TK, Ali HM, Kaye CK.
47. “Measurement of peak blood levels of oltipraz in patients infected with S.mansoni: correlation with the drug’s antischistosomal action”; Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasotology, 1986; 80: 369; Homeida MMA, Ali HM, Sulaiman SM, Bennett JL.
48. “Small intestinal permeability in normal Sudanese subjects: Evidence of Tropical enteropathy”; Transaction of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1986; 80: 204; Ukabam SO, Homeida MMA, Vooper BT.
49. “Oltipraz: administration with food increases its antischistosomal activity”; Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1986; 80: 908; Homeida MMA, Ali HM, Sulaiman SM, and Bennett JL.
50. “Propranolol disposition in patients with hepatosplenic schistosomiasis”; British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1987; 24: 393; Homeida MMA, Ali HM, Arbab BMO, Harron DWG.
51. “Oxamniquine pharmacokinetics in Hepatosplenic schistosomiasis in the Sudan”; Journal of Antiomicrobial Chemotherapy 1987; 19: 87; Daneshmend TK, Homeida MMA.
52. “Cutaneous leishmaniasis epidemic in the Sudan”; International Pharmacy Journal, 1987; 4: 142; Homeida MMA, Saddig M, Ghalib HW, Gafaar A, Harron DWG.
53. “Diagnosis of pathologically confirmed symmers’ Periportal fibrosis by ultrasonsography: Aprospective blinded study”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1988; 38 (1): 86; Homeida MMA, Abdel-Gadir AF, Cheever AW, Bennett JL, Arbab BMO, Ibrahim SZ, Abel-Salam IM, Dafalla AA, Nash TE.
54. “Efficacy and tolerance of praziquantel in patients with schistosoma mansoni infection and symmers’ fibrosis: A field study in the Sudan”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1988; 38 (3): 496; Homeida MMA, Isam Eltom, Suad Suliman, Asim A. Dafalla, James L. Bennett.
55. “Morbidity associated with schistosoma mansoni infection as determined by ultrasound: A study in Gezira, Sudan”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1988; 39(2): 196; Homeida MMA, Saad Ahmed, Asim Dafalla, Suad Suliman, Isam Eltom, Threodore Nash, James L. Bennett.
56. “Drug Dumping in donations to Sudan”; The Lancet 1988; i: 539; Hassan M. Ali, Homeida MMA, Mohamed AER Abdeen.
57. “Prolongation of prothrombin time with ivermectin”; The Lancet 1988; Homeida MMA, Page I, Ghalib HW, El Sheikh H, Ismail A, Youdif M, Suliman S, Ali HM.
58. “Effect of antischistosomal chemotherapy on prevalence of Symmers’ periportal fibrosis in Sudanese Villages”; Lancet 1988; ii: 437; Homeida MMA, Fenwick A, Dafalla AA, Suliman S, Kardaman MW, Eltom I, Nash T, Bennett JL.
59. “Renal function and morphology in Sudanese patients with advanced hepatosplenic schistosomiasis and portal hypertension”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1988; 40 (2): 176; Kalser C Doehring E, Sch Werdtfger, Abdel Rahim IM, Daubner G, Vester U, Homeida MMA, Al Hamour O, Schmidt E, Mihatsch MJ, Ehrich JHH.
60. “Paracetamol bioavailability and pharmacokinetics for an alcohol free solution, a suspension and elixir”; Journal of Inernational Pharmaceutics 1988; 42: 155; Ali HM, Homeida MMA, Ford J, Truman CA, Roberts UG, Badwan AA.
61. “Cimetidine in the treatment of Sudanes Patients with duodenal ulcer”; Sudan Medical Journal 1986 (Pub 1988); 24: 38; Ahmed ME, Arbab SMO, Homeida MMA, Ali HM.
62. “Resistant malaria and the Sudan floods”; Lancet 1988; ii: 912; Homeida MMA, Ismail A/A, Eltom I, Mahmoud B, Ali HM.
63. “Why should a Sudanese pay more for medicine”; Lancet 1988; ii: 912; Ali HM, Homeida MMA.
64. “Parcetamol pharmacokinetics in patients with schisotosomiasis”; International Journal of Pharmaceutics 1989 (in press); Elturabi H, Elsirag O, Homeida MMA, Harron DWG, Leahey WJ.
65. “Antischistosomal efficacy and tolerance of two brands of praziquantel. Biltricide and Dissociate as determined in a field trial in the Sudan. Lancet 1989 (in press); Homeida MMA, Eltom IA, Suliman SM, Ali HM, Bennett JL.
66. “Comparative Study of two ranitidine brands in the treatment of duodenal ulcer in Sudanese patients”; Sudan Medical Journal 1987; (pub. 1988) 25: 38; Ahmed MEK, Arbab BM, Homeida MMA, Ali HM, Subahi M.
67. “Provision and maintenance of adequate pharmaceutical services at prices the vast majority of the Sudanese population could afford – facts and figures”; International Pharmacy Journal 1989; 3 (6): 224.
68. “Pharmacokinetics of praziquantel in healthy volunteers and patients with schisotosomiasis”; Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (1990) 84: 389; Mohamed El M. Mandour, Hamid El Turabi, Homeida MMA, Taha el Sadig, Hassan M., Ali, James L. Bennett, William J. Leachey and Dean W.G. Harron.
69. “Evaluation of Eosinophiluria in the Diagnosis of Schistosomiasis Hematobium: A field-Base Study”; Am. J. Trop. Hyg., 1992; 46(6) 737: Isam A. Eltoum, Suad M. Suliman, Babiker M. Ismail, Ahmed I. A. Ismail, Ahmed I.A. Ismail, Magdi M.M. Ali, Homeida MMA.
70. “Evaluation of Haematuria as an Indirect Screening test for Schisotosomiasis Haematobium: A population-Based Study in the White Nile Province, Sudan”; Acta Tropica, 1992; 51: 151; Isam A. Eltoum, Suad Suliman, Babiker M. Ismail, Magdi M.M. Ali, Mohamed ElFatih, Homeida MMA.
71. “Association of the therapeutic activity of praziquantel with the reversal of Symmers’ fibrosis induced by Schistosoma mansoni”; Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 1991; 45(3): 360; Homeida MMA, Isam El Toum, Theodore Nash, James L. Bennett.
72. “Oesophageal Varices in a Schistosoma mansoni endemic region of the Sudan”; Br. J. Surg. 1991, Vol., 78, 1252; Saad, A.M.A., Homeida MMA, Bennett JL., Hassan, M. A.
73. “Infection with Schistosomoma mansoni in two different endemic areas: A comparative population-based study in Elzeidab and Gezira-Managil irrigation schemes, Sudan”; J. of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 1993; 96: 100, Isam A. Eltoum, Suad M. Sulaiman, Hamad El Turabi, Elsadig Mahgoub and Homeida MMA.
74. “Liver sonography in an area endemic for schistosomiasis haematoubiu”; Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 1993, 48 (1): 77; El Toum IA, Saad AM, Ismail BM, Ali MM, Sulaiman S, Bennett JL, Homeida MMA.
75. Demonstration of urinary eosinophils in Schistosoma haematobium: A comparative study between three different strains.
76. “The Epidemiological Implications of a Multiple-Infection Approach to the Control of Helminth Infections”; Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, 1991, vol. 85, 274; Bundy DAP, Chandiwana SK, Homeida MMA, Yoon S, K. Moh.
77. “Propanolol reduces mortality in patients with portal hypertension secondary to schistosomiasis, Annal of Tropical Medicine and Parasitolgoy 1994, 88(4); El Tourabi H, El Amin AA, Shaheen M, Awoda S, Harron DWG.
78. “Pharmacokinetic interaction between praziquantel and albendazole in Sudanese men”; Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 1994 88 (5); Homeida MMA, Leahy W, Copeland S, Ali MMM, Harron DWG.
79. “Helminth Infections in Sudan”; The Lancet 1994 344 (8931) 1228; Homeida MMA, Zimmerman V, Baraka OZ, Suliman SM, Awad K, Omer K, Ali MMA, Mustafa B.
80. “Predictors of upper gastrointestinal bleeding in patients with schistosomal periportal fibrosis”; British Journal of Surgery 1994; 81: 996; El toum I.A., Taha T.E., Saad A.M., Suliman S.M., Bennett JL., Nash TE, and Homeida MMA.
81. “Community based distribution of ivermectin in eastern Sudan: acceptability and early post-treatment reactions”; Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (1995) 89, 316: Omer Z. Baraka, Musa M. Kheir, Khalafalla M. Ahmed, Magdi M.M. Ali, Ahmed E., El Mardi, Babiker Mahmoud, Mohamed H. Ali, Homeida MMA, Jeffery Williams.
82. “Ivermectin treatment in severe asymmetric reactive onchodermatitis (Sowda) in Sudan”; Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (1995) 89, 312; Omer Z. Baraka, Babiker M. Mahmoud, Magdi MM Ali, Mohamed H. Ali, Elhadi A. El Sheikh, Homeida MMA, Charles D. Mackenzie, Jeffery F. Williams.
83. “The effectiveness of annual versus biennial mass chemotherapy in reducing morbidity due to schistosomiasis: A prospective study in Gezira-Managil, Sudan”; Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg., 54(2), 1996 pp 140-145; Mamoun M. A. Homeida, Isam A. Eltoum, Magdi M. Ali, Suad M. Suliaman, Elshiekh A. Elobied, Mahmoud Mansour, Ahmed M. Saad and James L. Bennett
84. “Ivermectin distribution in the plasma and tissues of patients infected with Onchocerca volvulus”; Eur J Clin Pharmacol (1996) 50 : 407-410; O Z Baraka, B. M. Mahmoud, C. K. Marschke, T. G. Geary, M. M. A Homeida and J. F. Williams.
85. “The burden of onchocerca volvulus in Sudan”; Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology 1998; 92 (suppl): S129- S131: Mukhatar MM, M. M. Kheir, M.M.Baraka, OZ, and Homeida MMA.
86. “Mortality due to schistosomiasis mansoni: a field study in Sudan”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1999; 60(2) : 307-10: Kheir MM, Eltoum IA, Saad AM., Baraka OZ., Homeida MMA.
87. “Medical achievements under civil war conditions”; The Lancet, vol 354, August 14, 1999; Homeida MMA, Irene Goepp, Magdi Ali, Elvin Hilyer, Charles D Mackenzie.
88. “Onchocerciasis Control Strategies”; The Lancet vol 356, Issue 9240, 1523, Oct. 28, 2000; Adenike Abiose, Mamoun Homeida, Bernhard Liese, David Molyneux, Hans Remme.
89. “The Carter Center’s assistance to river blindness control programs: establishing treatment objectives and goals for monitoring ivermectin delivery systems on two continents”; American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 2001; 65(2): 108-14: F Richards, E Miri, M Katabarwa, A Eyamba, M Sauerbrey, G Zea-Flores, K Korve, W Mathai, M Homeida, I Mueller, E Hilyer and D Hopkins.
90. “APOC’s strategy of community-directed treatment with ivermectin (CDTI) and its potential for providing additional health services to the poorest populations”; Annals of Tropical Medicine & Parasitology, March 2002, Vol. 96, supplement no. 1: Homeida, M., Braida, E., Elhassan, E., Amazigo, U.V., Liese, B., Benton, B., Noma, M., Etya’ale, D., Dadzie, K. Y., O. O. and Seketeli, A.
91. “Effects of single-dose praziquantel on morbidity and mortality resulting from intestinal schistosomiasis”; Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, Vol. 6, no. 5/6, 2000: M.M. Kheir, O.Z. Baraka, I.A. El-Tom, M.M. Mukhtar and M.M.A. Homeida.
92. “A multi-centre study of community-directed ivermectin distributors’ (CDDs’) involvement in other healthcare and development programme activities in Cameroon, Togo, Sudan, Nigeria and Uganda”; Tropical Doctor, October 2003, 33, 237-241: M T Sama, M Homeida, P Ngang, B H liese, UAmazigo and A Seketeli.
93. “Is praziquantel therapy safe during pregnancy?”; Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (2004) 98, 540-543: Ishag Adam, El Taib Elwasila and Mamoun Homeida.
94. "Onchocerciasiss in Sundus area: Skin and Eye manifestation" (2004);2(1):20-26. Mahdi Shamad, Salah Musa'ad, Mamoun Homeida.
95. “Praziquantel for the treatment of schistosomiasis mansoni during pregnancy”; Annals of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology, Vol. 99, No. 1, 37-40 (2005); I. Adam, E. Elwasila and M. Homeida.
96. “Quinine therapy in severe plasmodium falciparum malaria during pregnancy in Sudan”; Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal, Vol 10, Nos 1/2, 2004: I. Adam, O.A.Mirghani, O.K.Saeed, S.M.Ahmed, A.A.Mohamadani, H.M.Ahmed, C.D.Mackenzie, M.M.A.Homeida and M.I.Elbashir
97. “Effect of Combined Paracetamol and Cuminum cyminum or Nigella sativa Use in Wistar Rats” Einas M. Elhabib, M.M.A.Homeida and S.E.I. Adam
98. "Recurrent malaria infection in Khartoum State, Sudan", Sudan Medical Journal, May-Aug 2009;45(2):34-39 Mutassim O Ali, Mamoun MA Homeida, James L Bennett, Hayam Okasha, Kharia Abdel Hamid, Hala Ilkhatim, Khalid Mokhtar
99. "Prevalence of hypertension in an urban community in Sudan", Khartoum Medical Journal (2008) Vol. 01, No. 12, pp.72-74 Soumeya M Sherif, M-Elbaghir K Ahmed, Mamoun M. Homeida
100. "Elimination of onchocerciasis from Africa: possible?" doi: 10.10.1016/j.pt.2011.10.003 Trends in Parasitology xx (2011) 1-7 Charles D. Mackenzie, Mamoun M. Homeida, Adrian D. Hopkins and Jon C. Lawrence.
101. "Schistosomiais: epidemiology and burden of disease in the Sudan" Sudan Med J 2011 August;47(2):63-68 Shaza Humaida, Ahmed A EL Gaddal, Mamoun MA Homeida.
102. "Treatment of pre-school children under 6 years of age for schistosomiasis: safety, efficacy and acceptability of praziquantel". Mutamad A. Amin, Mohamed Swar, Mohamed Kardaman, Durria Elhussein, Gibril Nouman, Abdelhafiez Mahmoud, Appiah A, Ahmed Babikier, Mamoun Homeida.
103. "New MRI Grading System for the Diagnosis and Management of Mycetoma". Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. EL Shamy, ME, Fahal AH, Shakir MY, Homeida MMA.
104. The lack of influence of food and local alcoholic brew on the blood level of Mectizan® (ivermectin).
Mamoun M. Homeida, Stephen B. Malcolm, A.Z. ElTayeb, Asma S. Alassad, Timothy G. Geary, Magdi M. Ali, Charles D. Mackenzie. Acta Tropica 2013 http://dx.doi.org/doi:10.1016/j.actatropica.2013.03.019 pages 1-15.
• Therapeutics Road Map Part I &2
• Road Map to Research Methods
• Clinical Manua